Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Back to the Anvil

It has been several months since my last post but my itch has returned so let's get back to it. The reasons are many - I've got a million excuses of course - but the most substantial of the excuses are a new job and both of the kids moving on with their lives and leaving my wife and I behind with an otherwise empty house. We love them both and wish nothing but the best for them - and eagerly wait to see them again.

The Sunday Night DnD group is going strong and you can read about our current adventures here. Our characters are up to 12th level now so the monsters that Scott is throwing at us and equally tough and makes for some interesting battles. I am continuing to push Scott to include some notes about his Ravenloft 2E to 4E conversion efforts because he has certainly put a lot of work into this. We have not done any more DnD 5E playtesting since our one foray into that (read here) but we'll see if our schedule allows for it again before the end of the year.

I did pick up the 1st Edition Reprints earlier this summer and I will write about them in a separate post in the near future. For what it's worth the DnD 3.5 reprints are now available as well, but I am opting to pass on them for now. I suppose the real news here is that some of our Sunday Group are going to start a Friday night Pathfinder game. I expect to cover that in good detail here and I am looking forward to trying something different.

No comments:

Post a Comment